LIVE IN THE LIGHT...
With IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Therapy
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) sometimes called photorejuvenation or photofacial, is a skin treatment is commonly used to improve a wide range of skin problems including: sun damage, and age spots, rosacea, vascular imperfections, telangiectasia and Melasma.
IPL PhotoFacial is a non invasive virtually no down time treatment treatment to rejuvenate the signs of aging photo damage and restore the a youthful glow. Intense pulsed light also diminishes flushing or redness of the face associated with Rosacea, reduces brown spots, erases broken capillaries.
IPL therapy consists in an intense flash of light on the skin, a series of one to four treatments are usually recommended additionally treatment may be needed for excessively sun damaged skin. IPL passes through the top layer of skin (epidermis) and penetrates to the deeper layer (dermis) where blood vessels, pigment cells, and collagen are found. IPL treatments of freckles or brown spots usually require no downtime, and you can return to normal daily activities immediately. Over a one to three week period any brown spots or freckles will darken and then flake off.
Any area of skin can be treated with IPL including face, neck, chest, back, hands, arms, and legs. The actual procedure time varies depending on the size of the area treated. IPL therapy of the full face may take 20 minutes, while treatment of the neck and chest may take as long as 45 minutes.
It is especially important to wear sunscreen and a hat to avoid sun exposure and prevent discoloration or recurrence of sun damage and brown spots after each of your treatments.
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light Treatments) Can Help The Following Conditions:
- Flushing (redness) of the face, neck and chest. Flushing can be dramatically reduced 75%, or more, after 5 treatments.
- Rosacea is a medical condition characterized by a low-grade skin inflammation. The redness may be controlled with medication such as topical or oral antibiotics. IPL reduces the inflammation in the skin and may eliminate the need for medication.
- Sun Damage is skin that has fine wrinkles, freckling, irregular pigmentation, coarse or rough appearance, large pores and a dull texture. IPL has been shown to visibly reduce these skin characteristics creating skin that is clearer and more youthful in appearance.
- Pigmentation Problems (Brown Age-Spots, Melasma or Pregnancy-Mask) are characterized by uneven brown skin pigmentation.
- Post-Surgical Scars can be lightened with IPL treatments that specifically target vessels in the forming scar tissue.
If you would like to enhance your appearance with this exciting laser treatment or if you simply have questions, please contact us or call to schedule your consultation. Board certified Cosmetic / Medical Dermatologist Dr. Yolanda C. Holmes would like to share with you the most current information on skin care and health. She will make sure that you receive the best treatment available.
Washington DC Dermatologist Dr. Yolanda C. Holmes specializes in Medical Dermatology as well as Cosmetic Treatments. Some of Washington DC Dermatology’s featured services include: Complexion Blending, Vi Peel, Xeomin (the alternative to Botox), Facial Fillers, Adult Acne Treatments, Laser Hair Removal, and many more treatments. Complexion Blending is a combination of Laser Genesis and Microdermabrasion. If you suffer from ingrown hair or Razor Bump Treatment, we can help you. CALL US TODAY!!